Update?

Question and usages
Juggalo_X
Warrant Officer 4
Warrant Officer 4

Re: Update?

Post by Juggalo_X » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:06 pm

sniperpat469 wrote:The v12 had a problem with the mustang 2000 - 2004 it would sometimes not load the file into the ECU.
causing a no start condition, It was very sensitive to battery voltage while flashing.

If you have a vehicle that is not that year mustang or a Lincoln . call Sniper and we may be able to
get you reflashed to V12,

Patrick
Ive found something very interesting with the v12 and possibly a work around to the dreadful freeze Pat.

Check this out

http://www.snipertuningforums.com/viewt ... ?f=6&t=520
Click Here for Sniper Special Forces Tuner Review!
Click Here for Sniper Special Forces Feature Demo Video!

Tector
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Tector » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:39 am

Sniper Chris wrote:Well, I'm going to stick by my previous statement that "we are working on it and I'm sorry the results aren't happening as quick as you want". At this point, the only ETA I can give you is that it will be at least 1 month. When version 13 was released it was not known that there was a problem with Recon. It was only discovered when Cliffyk came to our shop one afternoon (weeks after its release). I suspect that you purchased your version 13 prior to us discovering this. We definately do not want ANYONE boiling behind the scenes, so because of this issue, I think your dealer would be understanding of this problem and allow you to return the product to them (just make sure the Bullet has been returned to the interface). If they aren't, let me know who the dealer you purchased from is and I'll get in contact with them. We're known for having excellent customer service and that's not going to stop because of this one problem. Our customer services has been and will always be a priority for us. It's going to be fixed.
So what's it going to be, will you honor what you said here, or am I stuck with a product that is absolutely no use to me for my vehicle? My dealer has been very understanding and is more than willing to allow me to return the software for a refund.

ecoastkid
Private
Private

Post by ecoastkid » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:55 am

sniperpat469 wrote:The v12 had a problem with the mustang 2000 - 2004 it would sometimes not load the file into the ECU.
causing a no start condition, It was very sensitive to battery voltage while flashing.

If you have a vehicle that is not that year mustang or a Lincoln . call Sniper and we may be able to
get you reflashed to V12,

Patrick
I'm going to check you hours and and call right away...thanks
cliffyk wrote:...and I also think that calling the entire package useless is an overstatement.
I disagree. If I cant datalog, I cant tune. This makes this package no different then a hypertech chip to me.
Tector wrote:The tune it gives me right out of Special Forces pings under load.
Same here on my totally unmodified 99 expy but only in 3rd or 4th gear. I dont really care about tuning the expy, but I want practice before I tune my Lightning. Even though the tune is for 87 oct...(Lots of tanks of gas now...its not bad gas) It goes away if I put in 93 octane....but I dont like doing that on my expy that gets 13mpg and has a 30 gal tank!

TheEvilZX2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TheEvilZX2 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:58 pm

I am also pretty disappointed that recon will not be working when i get ahold of commando. But I would definitely not call it useless, or compare it to a little handheld programmer. I've got a wideband to tune by....even though it is a small piece of the tuning puzzle, I would like to be able to datalog EVERYTHING.

kustomizedzx2
Corporal
Corporal

Post by kustomizedzx2 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:19 am

if you people just give them time, they'll have it for us. This program is not useless, yeah, to some it may be a hindrance, but is in no way useless. Do something about it if you are unhappy, or shut up. I've been tuning on my vehicle fine, yeah, It would be nice to datalog, but its not going to happen as of right now, and we should be happy they even include it in the package, as they do also sell it seperately. it is really, no big deal...
Sniper Tuned...Next: BOOST.

cliffyk
Sniper Tech Support
Sniper Tech Support

Post by cliffyk » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:43 am

First off, I firmly believe that Sniper and the folks working there are capable and honorable; and that someday there will be a version of the firmware that supports data logging on my '03 Mustang GT. I have also resigned myself to not hold my breath waiting...

However I must take issue with the assertion that how and/or where one was to obtain the Recon software is relevant to this discussion. The interface included with the SF package I bought was advertised as supporting data-logging (on my '03 GT), and also perfroming same with the "normally sold separately" Recon software included as a spiff (sales promotion item for free, and older marketing term)...

The interface does not support data-logging (it hangs/times out while attempting to connect to the ODBCII buss), and as I received it nearly 2 months ago it did not even support flashing my PCM; leaving me with a dead car for an entire weekend. These were/are both interface firmware issues having nothing to do with the Recon software, and not meeting the original advertised capabilities of the system.

Nonetheless, and as I said in opening I have met Chris and others at Sniper personally, and I believe fully they will fix the firmware to work as intended as soon as it is practicable for them to do so...
-cliff knight-
My Mustang
Multi-fuel: Burns gas and rubber

ecoastkid
Private
Private

Post by ecoastkid » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:02 am

Edit*...I just got off the phone and I am sending in my unit tomorrow to be flashed to version 12. The two vehicals I plan to use it for...99 expy and an 03 lightning...will work just fine with v12... Thank you Sniper

TheEvilZX2 wrote:But I would definitely not call it useless, or compare it to a little handheld programmer.
Im not comparing it to a handheld...my diablo CAN data log. I'm comparing it to a chip with a canned tuned. I was able to create a tune...upload it...and nothing else...how is that different from a chip? The tune it created pings like crasy under load so I had to load the factory tune back or put in more expensive gas...how is this not useless to me?
cliffyk wrote:However I must take issue with the assertion that how and/or where one was to obtain the Recon software is relevant to this discussion. The interface included with the SF package I bought was advertised as supporting data-logging (on my '03 GT), and also perfroming same with the "normally sold separately" Recon software included as a spiff (sales promotion item for free, and older marketing term)...
Exactly...I would not have bought it if it didnt come with recon...I dont really care if its claimed to be a freebie...

Gonna call now...hopefully they can help me flash back to version 12 since my truck isnt on the list of vehicles that have problems with it.

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:24 pm

Well I see this post got active while I was away at SEMA. Although it has gotten off subject. If we can get it back on track it would be appreciated. If you have a problem about tuning then please post in the appropriate section (05-newer Mustang, Lightning, Special Forces, Commando, etc...).

The Special Forces software does make conservative performance files. If your vehicle has a issue with the SF created tune, then I would suspect that there's probably something else (mechanical) wrong with the car (fuel filter, injector, bad sensor/meter, etc...). With the pulley change are you sure of the amount of boost you're running or were you told you would gain 1psi so you're assuming that's what you're getting? When we come across a problem like this (Tector) we always request to see the file that the customer has loaded into their vehicle to confirm it was created correctly. After inspecting your file, we confirmed that the software performed exactly as it should have. It's not any more radical than any other Roush, Saleen or any similarly supercharged vehice we've tuned with similar modifications. All those ran great with no issues and your car pings. Can it still be tuning? I suppose but highly doubt it.

As far as the Recon update, things are coming along nicely. No exact date yet but it is progressing well. Again, lets please keep on subject or please post in the appropriate forum.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

jstang07
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jstang07 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:17 pm

lmao....... wow ..

Tector
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Tector » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:53 am

Okay, I guess I got my answer in a round about way, and yes this does apply to the topic. I had started a new topic concerning this issue and was directed here.
1. You said on this topic that you accepted returns and apparently you don't.
2. I went back to the stock tune, the stock intake, and the stock pulley. The car runs fine now with no ping.
3. I'm not the only one who wouldn't have bought your software if we had known data logging wouldn't work with our vehicles. You falsely represented your product, and I'm not as patient as some others while you get it to work.
4. Without data logging capability it's real easy to blame the vehicle and not the tune because there's no way to prove it's not the vehicle.

Tector
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Tector » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:27 pm

I would like everyone to know that Mattr66 was able to provide me with a tune that not only works great, it only took him two tries. My sincere thanks goes to Mattr66. I wish I knew half of what you do about tuning.
I also apologize to Chris at Sniper for my impatience with Recon. I am still anxious to have Recon work on my vehicle, but I will keep my mouth shut from now on.

geoffav
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by geoffav » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:02 pm

Tector wrote:I would like everyone to know that Mattr66 was able to provide me with a tune that not only works great, it only took him two tries. My sincere thanks goes to Mattr66. I wish I knew half of what you do about tuning.
I also apologize to Chris at Sniper for my impatience with Recon. I am still anxious to have Recon work on my vehicle, but I will keep my mouth shut from now on.
Glad to hear you're tuned. There is a ton of knowledge available here and being patient ain't my strong point either. I look forward to a update from my version 10 that fully functions. 8-)
Geoff
04 Mach1 Torch Red 5spd w/281 CobraJet Engine
03 Mach1 Azure Blue 5spd w/281 CobraJet Engine
33 Ford 3 Window, 4.6DOHC stack intake

http://www.weevilcitycruisers.com/index.html

Return to “RECON Data Logging”